Saturday, April 17, 2010

(15) April Jottings

Everything is wonderful in the "Realm".  The Aspens and Maples are showing their tiny new leaves.  Ferns are popping from the ground as well as the day lilies.
Work is progressing on the cabin at "Observation Hill".
On Friday the 9th I started framing the new roof rafters, by Monday the plywood was installed and the roofing felt was nailed down just in time for the much needed rain on Wednesday. 






On Thursday the 15th I installed the fascia, a nice little touch, and stapled on the tyvek.  I have secured the roofing shingles, generously donated by a friend and will lay those next week.  I am still waiting for the siding to be sawn and that should be soon.
I am very excited about all of the progress, however, I don't think I will make the May 1st deadline so I will have to push that ahead a bit.  I am confident it will be mostly done by the middle of May allowing me to concentrate on the biota of the "Realm" and to begin collecting data for this falls expected Volume two of "The Realm of the Eighty".  Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Great progress. My advice would be to not rush and enjoy the process. I am looking forward to all you post in the future.

    I like the simplicity of what you show. Perhaps life as it should be.

    bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your blog. You have built up what I want for a home. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog today and found it very interesting. I appreciate you sharing this portion of your life with readers such as myself. I am anxiously looking forward to reading your future post.

    ReplyDelete